REGISTRATION FALL 2015
August 12th, 2015
IMPORTANT Registration Information…..
FALL OPEN REGISTRATION DATES
ON CENTRAL CAMPUS ARE AUGUST 12-14
OPEN REGISTRATION FOR OTHER LOCATIONS WILL BE AS FOLLOWS:
EVANS CENTER – AUGUST 11 9am -6pm
UNION-AUGUST 11 9am -1pm
CHEROKEE COUNTY CAMPUS – AUGUST 11 9am -6pm
TYGER RIVER – AUGUST 11 9am -6pm
Here are a few reminders about open registration on Central Campus and information about the first week of class (please read carefully):
• Open Registration will be located in the Commissioners’ Dining Room Wednesday, August 12-Friday, August 14. The Registration schedule is:
8:30am – 7:00pm Wednesday; 8:30am – 5:00pm Thursday and Friday
• SCC T-shirts (available for purchase at a reasonable cost in the Book Inn) and clean sneakers are acceptable attire for the week of August 11
• NO JEANS PLEASE
• Coffee will be made available for our early bird workers ---Our Official Percolator, Joyce Tester, has volunteered to make sure we all get going in the morning…Thanks Joyce!
• PIZZA will be served for lunch on Wednesday and Thursday- August 12 and August 13 . Thanks to Mr. Giles for the PIZZA!!!!!
• Please be at your station at least 5 minutes prior to your start time and please wear your name tags.
• Changes for scheduled workers should be handled through your direct supervisor.
• We will have a deletion on August 5@ 5:00pm. FEES ARE DUE WEDNESDAY AUGUST 5 @ 5:00pm
• A second deletion will be on Thursday, August 13 @5pm. Following this deletion, students will be charged a late fee for registration. THE LATE FEE IS EFFECTIVE BEGINNING AUGUST 14. Senior citizens requesting a fee waiver can register on August 14 in the Student Records Office.
• Please remind students to pay fees on time to avoid having their schedules deleted and to avoid the late fee.
• Please park away from the SSB during open registration both at the front of the building and at the Book Store entrance (ground level) so our students and customers will have adequate parking.
• Bring your best and a lot of patience – we need to provide our students and customers with the best service possible.
• Bring your laptop and your power cord……. There will be a few laptops available in the arena, but not at every station.
• Many of the students will be new to the College so let’s show them why we are in customer service.
• Our Advising Center staff is always somewhat popular in the Arena because of the large number of students they serve so Faculty Advisors should be prepared to assist with advising students in their division that normally go to the Advising Center.
• Please remember that this is registration so students should be advised and registered as accurately and quickly as possible. If a student has an issue that needs to be addressed, suggest that they do a follow up visit with you later.
• Assistance from Admissions and Student Records will be available in the Arena.
• If you get backed up with students, data entry can be done by the Academic Division Administrative Assistants who will be in the Arena to provide assistance. Student Records Staff—located both in the Arena and in the Student Records Office, are available to assist with data entry.
• The CDR will be open on Tuesday, August 11 from 10-12:30, to allow you to bring up supplies that you will need during registration.
• THANKS TO ALL OF THE REGISTRATION WORKERS!
• Classes begin on Monday, August 17. Schedule change days will be Monday, August 17 and Tuesday, August 18. New registrations will only be considered for sections that have not yet begun. Exceptions will have to be approved by the Department Chairs/Dean.
• Flex-term registration should be encouraged for registration after the first day of class.
(I will send out another reminder about the first week of class later just so you don’t forget )
• Please let me know if you have questions or concerns. You can call me at 4754.
“WE = POWER”
WE --the SCC TEAM-- have the POWER to help make fall
enrollment “falltastic”(fall + fantastic = falltastic)!!!!! Let’s do it together!!!
Thanks to all of you for your enthusiasm, dedication and commitment to SCC and our students.
ALL IN……ALL SCC!!!!
SCC is !!!!
Call me if you have any questions.
Have a great day!!!!
Attachments: THE REGISTRATION TEAM; 2015 Fall Registration Document; Room set-ups for registration; 2015-16 Academic and Non-Academic Fees; Date Chart ; Active Program list; Registration phone numbers